What is the Primo LTS?
The Primo LTS is a single-axis tool setter which, when used in conjunction with LTS application software, provides a number of benefits.
- Reduce the time taken to set tools by up to 90% compared with manual methods.
- Automatically update tool offsets.
- Remove manual errors and variation in setting tools.
- Reduce scrap and rework of materials.
- Identify broken tools so that corrective action can be taken.
- Track thermal changes in the machine and tools
The Primo LTS can be used on its own or in conjunction with the Primo Radio Part Setter and the Primo Interface to create a fully automated setting system on your machine. The LTS works independently from the Primo credit system.
How does the Primo LTS work?
The Primo LTS is triggered when a tool touches the contact pad. A trigger signal is sent to the machine tool controller via the hard-wired cable and the tool length is automatically calculated. Renishaw's LTS application software provides a set of unique cycles for the Primo LTS for tool setting, broken tool detection, thermal compensation and the set-up check. The Primo LTS is designed to operate within the machining environment, so it is resistant to swarf or coolant ingress and prevents false triggers due to shocks or vibration.